GES.A.P. S.p.A., the Management Company of the Falcone-Borsellino airport of Palermo, undertakes to offer a safe and efficient service to its customers in keeping with their expectations and in observance of the principles of sustainable development.
With regard to protecting the environment, in the course of its business, GES.A.P. S.p.A.undertakes to:
- adopt all current environmental regulations and be one step ahead of any new developments;
- avert and limit the environmental impact of the air traffic and airport activities, taking into account the feasibility of the best technology on the market, by:
- assessing and checking sound levels and taking steps to reduce noise around the airport and in the surrounding built-up areas
- ensuring that any pollutants released into the air, water and ground are kept to a minimum
- keeping in check consumption of energy and natural resources
- properly balancing energy consumption of renewable natural resources (sunlight, wind and biomass)
- reducing the risk of the release of any hazardous substances into the atmosphere
- reducing waste generation and promoting recycling activities
- preserving the natural habitat of the site
- enhancing environmental awareness across the board, by:
- planning and designing service development with a view to reducing energy consumption, waste and emissions (green design)
- making publicly known its commitment to protect the environment and its environmental achievements
- involving and motivating its workers so that each one plays an active role in limiting environmental impact in the course of their duties
- the transposition of Legislative Decree n. 231/2001 by virtue of Legislative Decree n. 121/2011, viz. the implementation of an organisational model
- making the public aware of the commitment of the Partners operating in the Airport to reduce the impact on the environment of their activities
- cooperating with suppliers and subcontractors who share GES.A.P.’s ethical code. S.p.A.
- maintaining active communication open with competent authorities, representatives of the neighbouring cities and towns, local residents and environmental associations, by:
- information sharing
- implementing an active cooperation policy
- carefully inspecting any requests or irregularities
- upgrading the environmental quality, health and safety management system
GES.A.P. S.p.A. is committed to constantly upgrading its Environmental Management System within its internal corporate structure and to constantly improving its environmental performance. To this end, GES.A.P. has implemented checking and audit mechanisms for its own Environmental Management System.
This Environmental Policy declaration is available to the public and to anyone who requests it.
The Chairman The Managing Director The Accountable Manager
Fabio Giambrone Dario Colombo Antonio Sagliocco